Website South Dakota News Watch
South Dakota News Watch, a non-profit news organization serving the citizens of South Dakota, has an immediate opening for a self-motivated and experienced multimedia journalist who can use digital tools to tell compelling stories that meet the highest standards of journalistic quality. The successful candidate will work with a two-member team to develop ideas and write, shoot and edit stories that can be distributed on broadcast, digital and print platforms. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and at least two work samples, to Randell.Beck@sdnewswatch.org A detailed job description is below.
Title: Multimedia Journalist
Reports to: Editor
Requirements: Bachelors degree and preferred minimum of three years professional experience. Superior oral/written communications, and organizational and planning skills. Must be able to work cooperatively with others. Computer knowledge and proficiency with Content Management Systems, social media, photography, video and editing skills required. Valid driver’s license and auto insurability required.
Purpose: Originate and produce high quality journalism that can be delivered in print and on social media, broadcast and other emerging digital platforms.
- Idea Development. Identify and develop compelling story topics of interest to all South Dakotans.
- Story Development. Produce journalism, across all platforms, that meets established standards of accuracy, fairness and thoroughness.
- Video Production. Work with editor and media partners to produce broadcast quality enterprise news packages.
- Social Media, Work with editor to develop and execute a social media strategy for news distribution.
- Other:Other duties as assigned.