Website KELOLAND TV
The General Sales Manager oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. If you like being on a winning team and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy your career with us.
Date Posted: 9/3/2020
Closing Date: 9/17/2020
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent conbination of education and work-related experience.
Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Experience with Matrix, Google 360, WideOrbit, Power BI and office equipment a plus.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides leadership for the broadcast/web sales teams
· Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
· Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, eMedia and new product revenue
· Drives new business development
· Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
· Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals
· Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
· Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs
· Determines inventory, pricing, and discount rates
· Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department
· Performs other duties as assigned Requirements & Skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Minimum five years’ experience in media sales
· Experience guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
· Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
· Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
· Knowledge of television and digital advertising tools to advise advertisers on the effective use of marketing solutions
· Knowledge of Comscore and Nielsen ratings
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: A valid driver’s license, state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are also required. Background check will be required.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
|Apply Online URL:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.