|The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
· Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
· Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
· Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
· Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
· Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
· Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
· Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
· Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
· Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 5/19/2022
Closing Date: 1/31/2023
State: South Dakota
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
· Minimum one year’s experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
· Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
· Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook proficiency and reliable transportation is required including a good driving record, valid license & proof of insurance. Able to demonstrate a solution focused sales approach. Have the ability to enhance revenue with existing local and agency
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled ~ Background check and drug screen required. Qualified applicants can apply online at www.mediageneral.com.
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.