The Production Operations Manager is responsible for providing timely technical operations support and management oversight for news broadcasts and other live and recorded programs.
· Manages all aspects of the Operations Department
· Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Operations Department.
· Insures that staffing levels are cost effective and sufficient to meet the needs of the station
· Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
· Ensures station compliance with FCC broadcast rules and regulations
· Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
· Manages the use of studio and editing resources
· Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights
· Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
· Performs various operation duties when necessitated by employee absence or other exigent circumstances
· Performs other duties as assigned
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 3/2/2022
Closing Date: 6/1/2022
City: Sioux Falls
State: South Dakota
Requirements & Skills:
· Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
· Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
· Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least two years’ experience in a leadership role
· Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
· Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge of skills
· Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Operations Manager must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Operations Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighting up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Qualified applicants can apply online at www.nexstar.tv.