Make your mark in media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere. We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
CBS14/Fox44 is looking for a Chief Engineer. A qualified candidate will coordinate or perform maintenance of computer and broadcast equipment of the television broadcasting station.
- Oversee all engineering functions of the station, including planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
- Manage training and hiring processes for engineering staff
- Supervise maintenance of computer software, hardware, and local area network applications
- Ensure software license compliance and all software versions are up to date
- Supervise preventive maintenance and/or troubleshooting of broadcast electronic equipment, including but not limited to cameras, audio and video equipment, microwave transmitters and receivers, satellite receivers and computing equipment
- Supervise and/or perform transmitter maintenance
- Work with Corporate leadership to ensure security and FCC compliance
- A minimum of 5 years experience in broadcast electrical system and equipment maintenance
- Experience training and managing technicians with a positive and constructive attitude
- Proficiency in evaluating, troubleshooting, installing and maintaining broadcast equipment and IT systems
- Dedication to quality and time management while supporting all FCC regulations
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to work on ladders, stand for long periods of time, and lift computers or equipment up to 50 lbs
- Technical degree in electronics or a related field, or an equivalent of work and educational experience
- SBE certification and A+ certification is preferred
About the Team
The life blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goad-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk!
Job posted by an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit edyy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.