KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic sports reporter and weekend sports anchor who can do it all: shoot, write, produce, report and anchor. Our weekend sports anchor/reporter will anchor six shows on the weekend and report during the week. We’re looking for an enterprising talent who knows how to cover local sports. Candidates need to be able to go beyond highlights and know how to share a story that even non-sports fans will appreciate and enjoy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
• Shoot, write and edit local sports stories
• Use editorial judgment to determine content of local sportscasts
• Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
• Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
• Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
• Produce sportscasts as assigned
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Collaborate with Sports Director, news managers and producers for content and newscast development
• Edit video and stories for broadcast
• Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
- Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
- Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
***Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply at: https://tinyurl.com/ya3sd4pg
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming and northwestern Nebraska. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
Learn more about KOTA at, http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/?article=402527586&disable=ads.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://tinyurl.com/ya3sd4pg →