Develops and leads sales team in positive, focused manner to build strong client relationships that translate to revenue growth meeting/surpassing goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for building an effective, professional sales team
- Responsible for consistently meeting and exceeding individual team member’s goals & station goals
- Meets with Media Specialists at a minimum of once weekly (more often as needed) to plan prospects & sales presentations while monitoring sales progress for each media specialist
- Develops sales promotions with accurate pricing while collaborating with Operations Manager and On-Air Talent to drive revenue
- Performs all media specialist responsibilities with own client list
- Works closely with management/owners to develop & implement sales strategy & standards
- Develops & implements sales software & other methods for maximum team productivity
- Identifies and solicits new business; builds and maintains a full pipeline of sales prospects inside of sales software
- Services and grows relationships in existing base of clients
- Identifies client/market needs and develops persuasive proposals to meet needs and opportunities
- Ensures client satisfaction
- Ensures all standard operating procedures are followed including order preparation, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, & forecasts
- Creates, promotes, and manages vision of the company in positive manner
Directly supervises employees in the sales department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance with recommendations to owners, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in copywriting to develop compelling commercials, effective written & verbal skills
- Adept at prospecting and using effective consultative selling principles and practices
- Strong client service relationship-building skills
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiation and closing proficiency
- Persuasive communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Independent; self-motivated; competitive; assertive
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of market dynamics including demographics
- Stress tolerance, especially with tight deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Professional appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Provide own transportation and maintain valid driver’s license to travel to customer locations
- Provides own cell phone
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or bachelor’s degree in marketing or business; five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with history of achieving budgets & goals. The ideal candidate must have the passion to train and develop salespeople across all platforms and have the desire to win in a fast-paced and competitive environment. Must be detail-oriented, a skilled negotiator and extremely well organized. Must have the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using broadcast airtime & other platforms available to Nedved Media, LLC.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures for software. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, staff, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be a skilled negotiator who knows how to interpret client needs analysis in to presentations that grow business.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be highly computer literate in word, excel, & outlook while also seeking, learning, and developing sales tracking platforms. Must be creative thinker and possess high level of people skills. Ability to be multi-tasked, flexible, and work long hours as needed that may include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment varies due to meeting with clients at their businesses. Candidate is required to maintain auto insurance & have clean driving record. Essential office environment includes phone, desk, computer systems, and copier/fax machine. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All facilities are non-smoking.
November 11, 2018