Contacts prospective customers to sell radio time and other products and services for broadcasting station/network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Calls on clients in person, by phone, and with email follow up within standards. Presents various station programs and features while calculating investment for advertising campaigns.
- Persuades customers to purchase radio time by presenting information on various programs that will draw customers to their businesses.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, sales agreements, broadcast orders, and radio commercial content for production.
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients by providing top quality customer service.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Communicates with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders, and arranging live broadcasts and promotions.
- Collects prompt payment from clients.
- Maintains required records and paperwork.
- Attends sales staff meetings and training sessions.
- Attends live broadcasts for clients and station promotional events.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, copier, phone system). Computer skills including email, word, & excel. Ability to travel extensively to local clients’ facilities and promotional events.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include appropriate vision needed to drive as required for valid driver’s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD Media Specialist’s performance is monitored on an ongoing basis. If it is determined that sales goals, and/or sales activity is not fulfilling obligations, employee and management will determine proper course of action. After 6 months, any period that shows a decline in sales for 3 consecutive months will prompt evaluation of continued employment.
November 11, 2018